Baked sweet potatoes combined with toasted chickpeas and Greek yogurt is a fine appetizer or side dish that will delight Vegetarians but those who want to take a break from the meat menu.
Bake sweet potatoes in the oven (with chickpeas and Greek yogurt)
My favorite side dish is sweet potatoes with chickpeas and Greek yogurt. You can serve it as a side dish or as an appetizer to other dishes. Vegetarians will adore it.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kilogram sweet potatoes
- 150 grams boiled canned chickpeas
- 100 grams Greek yogurt for the outside
- 1 - 2 sprigs of chopped parsley
Potato filling mixture:
- 1 egg
- 60 grams butter
- 50 grams sour cream
- 100 grams Greek yogurt
- 50 milliliters milk
- pinch of salt
- Wash the sweet potatoes well, cut them in half and dig out the middle.
- Boil the hollowed part of the sweet potato in salted water. Chop the mixture with a stick mixer and add butter, sour cream, egg, yogurt and milk and mix everything well.
- Add salt to the hollowing of the sweet potatoes and fill them with cream. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 Fahrenheit) and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Toast the chickpeas in a pan and add to the sweet potatoes and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt and parsley to the sweet potatoes before serving. Enjoy 🙂