With the valley of colder days, we are also looking for warmer dishes that will invigorate and warm us. Bavarian round dumplings with the addition of bacon are a great appetizer after which you will successfully warm up. Enjoy 🙂
Bavarian bread dumplings (with bacon)
Have you ever tried Bavarian dumplings with bacon? If not, now it's time to try this traditional Bavarian dish. Bread dumplings with hot soup topping are the perfect combination for colder days.
- 250 grams dry buns
- 100 grams bacon
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1,2 liter meat stock
- Chop the pastry, bacon, parsley and onion into small pieces.
- In a preheated pan, fry the bacon for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove the bacon from the pan and fry the onion in the remaining fat.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and fry the onion in the remaining fat.
- Add chopped bread, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg to the fried onion. Mix everything for about 1-2 minutes and add more milk and egg and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Finally, stir in the baked lard and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the baked lard and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- If the mixture is too soft add a little bread crumbs and shape into balls.
- Boil the balls for 1 minute in salted boiling water and serve them with hot stock. Good apetite!