Imagine this, a field with a lot of orange butternut pumpkins. Can you feel that picture in your mind? If you can, think about another picture: Butternut squash cream soup recipe with a pinch of hard cheese. When I am writing this my tongue wants to taste this delicious soup. So let’s make this recipe.
Butternut squash cream soup recipe
- 500 grams of cleaned butternut pumpkin Clean butternut from pits.
- 60 grams of cleaned celery (root)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 liter of stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1.5 deciliter of whipped cream
- 100 grams of hard cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp of butter to simmer vegetables
- 0,2 liter of cooking cream
- Heat 1 liter of water and add chicken or vegetable stock. Cook about 10 minutes until its done.
- Peel squash, carrot, onion, celery, and chop them into smaller cubes.
- Heat a pan and add half a spoon of butter. When butter melts add vegetable cubes in it and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken or vegetable stock and add curry powder. Cook over medium heat for about 20 - 25 minutes until vegetables are completely softened.
- Then mix with soup mixer, return to the heat, and pour cooking cream. Cook until boils.
- Set the soup aside while you prepare the cheese and bread. Cut the bread into small cubes and fry in a pan. And cut the cheese into cubes.
- Pour soup in a small bowl and add another bowl with fried bread. Add a pinch of cheese on the top of the soup and enjoy your soup.