Spring is coming … so we need more and more energy for the activities we do every day. And time in the kitchen is limited so we all want quick, easy, and delicious recipes. I bring you my favorite spring rolls: Chicken breast with peanut butter. Light, tasty, and easy to prepare, but also a nutritionally healthy meal. Try the recipe now 🙂
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED FOR CHICKEN BREST WITH PEANUT BUTTER?
What adorns these spring rolls is their simple preparation and only 7 main ingredients, which are:
boneless chicken breast pieces
vegetable stock cube
which most chefs have in their collection even those who don’t cook as often.
For this light spring dish, it is necessary to set aside 10 minutes for the preparation of ingredients and 25-30 minutes for cooking the dish. Here are some useful tips to save time preparing this delicious and healthy dish.
TIPS HOW TO SAVE YOUR TIME:
Vegetable stock. In a large bowl, first, heat the water and dissolve the vegetable cube in it. While the water is heating, prepare the other ingredients.
Boneless chicken breast. To save time on deboning chicken breasts, buy boneless ones. It is desirable that the chicken breasts be a little bigger so that they can be cut in half more easily. Likewise, the rollers will have more filling and will look nicer.
Mix the spices. Mix all the spices and apply with your fingers to the chicken breasts on both sides to season them evenly. Arrange each piece separately on a board to be ready for stuffing.
Vegetable chopper. Use a vegetable chopper to quickly chop the onion, which must not have pieces in it.
Peanut butter. If you bought peanut butter with larger pieces of peanuts also mix it to have a uniform mixture.
Coconut milk. Use healthy coconut milk from reputable manufacturers such as my favorite Alpro.
Lemon juice. Squeeze a larger lemon and make sure that the stones do not fall into the juice. Preferably, the lemon is of organic origin.
Deeper cooking pot. For cooking, take a deeper pot so that your vegetable stock and coconut milk do not leak when you immerse the stuffed rolls in them.
Chicken breast with peanut butter
Peanut butter, organically grown chicken breast, cayenne pepper, coconut milk, lemon juice ... are the perfect combination for light spring rolls ready in minutes.
Servings 4 people
- cooking pan, bowl
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 grams peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 pieces chicken breasts
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 400 milliliters unsweetened coconut milk
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- wooden toothpicks
- Peel an onion and chop it. Heat the oil and sauté the onion until it gets a golden yellow color.
- Add the peanut butter and mix everything well.Put the mixture in a blender and chop everything well. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the mixture.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half but not all the way through. Put a plastic bag on them and lightly beat with a mallet. Season the chicken breasts with spices.
- Coat the chest with the prepared mixture, roll it into the ends and fasten it with toothpicks.
- In a deep bowl, heat the vegetable stock and add the coconut milk to it. Put chicken rolls in the soup and cook on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes. Remove the cooked rolls to a plate to drain off excess liquid. If necessary, season the sauce with lemon, cayenne pepper, salt and sugar. Boil everything well for 2-3 minutes. Serve with rice. Good apetite.
Serve the rolls warm with the sauce.