One saying goes, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” My dear companions, today I bring you a delicious and healthy breakfast with homemade dough, poached eggs, seasonal vegetables, and a fine Dutch sauce.
English muffins with poached egg and Dutch sauce
If you like poached eggs, fresh seasonal vegetables and fine corn homemade dough, then you must try this fine breakfast. Best for two 🙂
- 550 grams flour
- 50 grams corn flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 dry yeast
- 40 grams butter
- 100 milliliters milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolk
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 100 grams butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 juice of half a lemon
- 4 eggs
- 60 grams baby spinach
- 50 grams radicchio
- leaves of chopped spring onions
For the muffins:
- Heat the milk with the sugar and add the dry yeast to it. When the yeast swells, add the butter stirring until it melts.
- Finally, add flour to the mixture and knead a smooth dough. Let the dough stand in the heat for about 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a thickness of 5 millimeters and cut out circles with a glass. Cover with a cloth and let rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake the raised muffins in a heated pan coated with butter for about 10 minutes on both sides until they get a golden color.
For the sauce:
- Whisk the egg yolks, wine and salt in the steam and when it warms up, remove from the heat. Stirring slowly add the butter until it melts and until the sauce makes me thick. Finally add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Break each egg separately into a bowl (make sure it stays whole). Heat the water almost to boiling, add a little salt and vinegar and make a vortex in the middle of the pan with a spoon. Put the egg in the vortex, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 - 4 minutes.
- Take the finished egg out into the bowl. (Poach one egg at a time.)
- Put some baby spinach and arugula on the baked dough and sprinkle with the sauce. Put another dough on it and a poached egg on it. Drizzle the egg once more with the Dutch sauce and salt with fresh chopped spring onion leaves.
- Anddd good taste, your muffin is ready to serve 🙂
Consume the prepared muffins immediately.
This is my favorite Easter breakfast so as you run out of ideas you can try this recipe.