Puff pastry is often used in the preparation of many desserts as a base for sweet snacks such as cakes in a mold, sweet puff baskets filled with fruit and cream, or as puff pastry sheets that cover a dessert from above and give it a magical look.
However, puff pastry is also a very good base in the preparation of savory dishes and can serve as a great basket that is easy to fill with various stewed vegetables as a vegetarian version or with the addition of meat to vegetables can be a fine and very tempting meat lunch. Today I bring you one version of a salty lunch in delicious puff baskets stuffed with minced chicken.
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links that lead to a purchase page. When buying via the link, I get a small commission that costs you nothing. Thank you.
How to make Minced chicken in puff pastry baskets?
The main ingredients I used in this savory dish are:
- puff pastry
- minced chicken meat
- passata tomato
- canned corn
- red pepper
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- spices: Vegeta, salt, pepper etc.
Which tool do I need to prepare Minced chicken in puff pastry baskets?
Note: To prepare this dish you need this Frieling Zenker Single Serve Sensations Bowl Form or some other flower molds that are capable to go in the oven.
- flower basket molds
- one large pan with a non-stick bottom
- dough roller
- rolling board
The fastest way to prepare chicken savory baskets:
Step 1: First, take the puff pastry out of the freezer to melt so you can roll it more easily later.
Step 2: Cut the onion and pepper into smaller pieces and fry everything in well-heated olive oil.
Step 3: Add minced chicken and at the end of roasting, pour passata tomatoes over everything. Add canned corn and mix everything well.
Step 4: Roll out the puff pastry into 4 parts and press into the baskets.
Step 5: Fill the baskets with the prepared mixture and bake in the oven.
Can I add some more ingredients in savory baskets?
Of course. Another version of this savory dish I tried is adding:
minced pork or minced beef
spice: hot or sweet red pepper.
Why you should try puff pastry baskets stuffed with minced chicken?
The main reason is that they are delicious and look very nice on a plate. They are prepared in just 30 minutes. My recommendation is to prepare this savory dish for the person you love or your family and friends.
Minced chicken in puff pastry baskets
- Zenker flower molds
- 500 grams minced chicken meat
- 250 grams passata tomato
- 200 grams canned corn
- 1 pepper
- 2 onions
- 500 grams puff pastry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta - mix of spices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and put it in the fridge so you can roll it out for baskets the next day.
- All ingredinets for making puffy pastry baskets filled with minced chicken meat.
- Wash the red pepper and onion well, both chop into smaller pieces. Heat a frying pan with olive oil and sauté the onion until it turns golden brown. Then add the red pepper and simmer until soft.
- Season the minced chicken with Vegeta (Croatian spice mix), salt and pepper and mix everything well. When the peppers and onions are fried, add the chicken and stir until all the liquid has evaporated from the pan.
- Taste if the meat from the pan is cooked and add more spices if needed.
- If the meat is cooked, add canned corn and pour a small amount of passata tomato over everything, but so that the mixture remains solid and not too liquid.
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge and divide it into four equal parts.
- Coat the baskets with olive oil and roll out the dough and press it into the greasy baskets. Pierce the bottom of the puff pastry with a fork so that it does not swell too much during baking.
- Coat the dough in the baskets again with a small amount of oil. If you have excess oil in the baskets, pick it up with paper.
- Arrange the baskets on a baking sheet and fill the mixture to the top, but not too much. (You don't have to be afraid that the mixture will come out of the mold.) If desired, sprinkle everything well with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit) for about 20-30 minutes. After 20 minutes, make sure the crust around is baked and if you take the baskets out of the oven.
- Leave everything to cool for 10 minutes. Then carefully use a fork to remove the baskets from the mold. Sprinkle dry chives on top of the baskets and serve with lettuce. Good apetite 🙂
Serve puff baskets warm with the sauce.