I’m sure you’ve heard of the popular French dessert in a cup called souffle? I bring you this simple recipe for an orange souffle that I like to bake during the holidays because it looks very nice, is delicious, and only needs 5 ingredients to make it. Try the recipe 🙂
If you love desserts with oranges then this little French dessert of only 5 ingredients will satisfy your appetizers. Take a look this ingredients!
- ceramic souffle cups
- 65 grams smooth flour
- 65 grams sugar
- peel of one orange
- juice of one orange
- 6 eggs
- 3 deciliter milk
- From the 4 eggs, separate the yolks from the egg whites, and leave the remaining 2 eggs whole.
- Mix flour, sugar, juice and zest of one orange, 2 eggs and 4 egg yolks.
- Heat the milk in a bowl until boiling. Pour the prepared mixture into boiling milk, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- While the mixture cools, whisk together the remaining 4 egg whites. Stir the egg whites into the cooled mixture.
- Coat the ceramic soufflé bowls with butter and dip them in flour and shake off the excess flour. Fill the cream bowls with the mixture to the top and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes.
Tip: Serve immediately after baking!
Oasis of Taste