This simple Italian recipe for preparing quick potato croquettes will be a great addition to dishes with juice (for example, I eat them with cutlets in juice) or they are a very filling meal and as a stand-alone dish.
A common side dish is potatoes. Try these quick and cheap potato croquettes that kids will eat too.
- 750 grams boiled potatoes
- 200 grams plain flour
- 100 grams wheat semolina
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 eggs
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Mash the still hot potatoes into a smooth puree. Cool down.
- Mix the cooled potatoes with the flour and semolina, add the egg and knead the dough.
- Tear off smaller amounts of dough and shape the croquettes into a rolling pin. Roll the croquettes in bread crumbs and place them on a floured plate.
- Heat a large amount of oil in a larger pan. Fry the croquettes on all sides until golden yellow and crispy. Take them out with a hollow spoon and place them on a paper towel to soak up the excess fat.
- Croquettes are a frequent accompaniment to dishes with juice. I usually make them with pork chops in juice.
- You can also prepare a sweet-sour sauce and eat croquettes with it.