Hokkaido pumpkin is a small orange pumpkin that gives a rich flavor to dishes. I like to prepare it in all forms, and one of my favorite ways is as a stew with cereals.
Stew with Hokkaido pumpkin and cereals
If Hokkaido pumpkin, mushrooms and cereals are found in the same pot, we can sense an invigorating stew, which will warm the body and bring even more mood to the table.
Servings 4 people
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250 grams nutmeg (hokkaido pumpkin)
- 200 grams champignons
- 80 grams rice(mix of sorts)
- 1 teaspoon Vegeta - mix of spices
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 200 grams broccoli flowers
- 50 milliliters of cooking cream
- pinch of chopped parsley
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into cubes. Wash and chop the onion, garlic, mushrooms,broccoli and parsley.
- Fry onion and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin and fry for about 10 minutes until softened. Add water to cover the pumpkin and cook covered until the pumpkin is soft.
- When the pumpkin is cooked add the spices, salt, pepper and Vegeta and add the broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the dish is cooked add the cooking cream and cook for 2-3 minutes, but not to boil. Serve the dish warm.
Stew with hokkaido pumpkin and cereals by oasisoftaste on Jumprope.