If you are a fan of Mediterranean cuisine like I am then you must try these light and delicious stuffed squid with boiled potatoes. For those who don’t like meat, you can also stuff squid with just slices of melted cheese.
Stuffed squid recipe
Mediterranean cuisine as well as the Mediterranean diet has been one of the most popular healthy cuisines for a long time. Try stuffing squid fried in healthy olive oil.
- 1 kg cleaned squid (or clean them yourself)
- 300 grams thinly sliced ham
- 300 grams thinly sliced cheese
For the sauce:
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- pinch of chopped parsley
- 1 deciliter olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Vegeta - mix of spices
- pinch of rosemary
- Thoroughly clean and wash the squid. (I usually do this the night before and leave it in the fridge in a strainer overnight.)
- Put a slice of cheese on a slice of ham and roll it into a roll.
- Push the roll into the squid so that nothing protrudes out.
- Close the end of each squid with a wooden toothpick so that the melted cheese does not leak out during baking.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and place the squid in the oven. Turn the squid several times until it takes on a golden color, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a bowl, add the rosemary, chopped parsley and garlic and mix everything.
- If necessary, add a little more oil to make the mixture thinner if it is too thick.
- Drizzle the roasted squid with the marinade and serve with boiled potatoes with olive oil and spices and a salad of your choice.
Squids are very tasty hot and cold.
Serve them with lettuce.
You can also fill the squid with fresh cheese.